2012 Golf Channel Fantasy Frequently Asked Questions
1. Once I have submitted my picks, how can I make changes?
You can change your picks any time between the field being posted and the deadline hitting. Simply sign in, go to the “Leaderboard” and make your new picks. You will receive a confirmation email after you have changed your picks. If you do not receive the email, the picks have NOT been changed.
2. Why can’t I make changes to my picks? The golf tournament has not started yet.
Although the tournament has not yet started, the deadline may have already past. Always be sure to check the deadline posted on the Fantasy Challenge game. You can also receive reminder text messages by texting FANTASY to 55333.
3. My player was cut/dropped, can I choose a new one?
As long as your player was cut before our picks deadline, you may choose another player. You must also get this choice in before our deadline hits.
4. Where can I find my current ranking?
Your current ranking will always be at the top of your leaderboard. You can also select a specific week do see how you did for a specific tournament.
5. Where do I find how much money I won for each specific week?
Go to “Leaderboard” and click the week you want to view. When that populates, click the “View” link under “Details” all the way to the right of your Team Name. A pop up box will show you how all your golfers did.
6. Where can I find who I picked for past tournaments/weeks?
Go to “Leaderboard” and click the week you want to view. When that populates, click the “View” link under “Details” all the way to the right of your Team Name. A pop up box will show you who you picked for that week.
7. When does each segment end?
- Kick-off/Winter ends March 25th with the Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard
- Spring ends June 17th with the U.S. Open
- Summer ends Sept 23rd with the TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola
- Fall ends Nov 11th Children Miracles Network Hospitals Classic
(See full RULES for details)
8. What is the segment winner prize?
Three (3) winners at the end of each segment will receive a $150.00 Amazon gift card. See full RULES for details.
9. What is the weekly winner prize?
Three (3) winners at the end of each week will receive a $50.00 Golf Galaxy gift card. See full RULES for details.
10. How do I find out if I won a prize?
At the end of each week, segment as well as at the completion of the Challenge in its entirety; winners will be contacted by a member of the Golf Channel marketing team via email. You can also see a full list of winners on the Winners link on the Fantasy Challenge home page underneath the Expert Leaderboard.
11. Can I win more than once?
Once a player has won a particular contest, they can NOT win the same contest again. Ex: A player may NOT win more than one weekly prize but they MAY win a weekly prize and a segment prize, etc.
12. I placed in the top three for the current week, when will I be contacted?
All winners are contacted within a week of the tournament in question ending.
13. I chose the winner of the past tournament, do I win a prize?
Unfortunately we do not award prizes based on correctly choosing a tournaments overall winner. Prizes are based on who has the highest number of points for the given week.
14. When are the earnings posted each week for the tournament?
The earnings are posted when the tournament ends on Sunday evening.
15. Where do I find the past week/segment winners?
You can see a full list of winners on the Winners link on the Fantasy Challenge home page underneath the Expert Leaderboard.
16. Where do I find who the experts picked for this upcoming tournament/each past tournament?
You can see who are experts are picking each week in Fantasy Central in the piece titled Expert Picks.
17. What is a league? How do I create one?
Leagues are private groups for you and your friends to compete against each other in. They are not monitored by Golf Channel and prizes are not awarded to users who excel in a league. That is at the discretion of the league and its commissioner.
18. Can I leave a league once I have entered?
There is no way to delete yourself from a league once you’ve entered. Commissioners and users can set up ground rules for quitting the league amongst them.
19. Can I start a league even though the game has already begun?
Yes, you can start a league at any time.
20. Can I join a league that has already started?
Yes, you can join a league at any time.
21. How do I change my email/password?
To change your password, you must go through GolfChannel.com. At the top of the homepage, you’ll see a “Sign In” button. Click that link and sign in. From there, you will be taken back to the home page where you’ll see a “My Account” button. Click that link and follow the prompts to change your email.
22. My favorite golfer in playing in this week’s tournament but I don’t see him in the Fantasy Challenge field. Why?
We post the most updated field Mondays no later than 3PM ET. While the field is usually very close to final, there are sometimes changes on Mondays where players are moved around, drop out or are added. While we do monitor those players who withdraw and update our users to the best of our ability, we are unable to add golfers after the initial Monday cutoff.
23. I can’t make my picks – I keep getting an error.
Completely log out of the Fantasy Game and sign back in. If you still have a problem, make sure you are using the most up to date version of your internet browser. Finally, if that does not help, click on the Contact Us link on the Fantasy Challenge home page underneath the Expert Leaderboard and answer all the questions regarding your problem/error. Be sure to include your picks for the week so that we can enter them for you.
24. Who do I contact if I am having problems/getting errors?
Click on the Contact Us link on the Fantasy Challenge home page underneath the Expert Leaderboard and answer all the questions regarding your problem/error. You will receive contact from our tech team within 72 ET business hours.