2013 Golf Channel Fantasy Frequently Asked Questions
1. Once I have submitted my picks, how can I make changes?
Participants can change their picks any time between the field being posted and the deadline hitting. Simply sign in, go to the “Leaderboard” and make new picks. Participants will receive a confirmation email after they have changed their picks. If an email is not received, the picks have NOT been changed.
2. Why can’t I make changes to my picks? The golf tournament has not started yet.
Although the tournament has not yet started, the deadline may have already past. Always be sure to check the deadline posted on the Fantasy Challenge game. Participants can also receive reminder text messages by texting FANTASY to 55333.
3. My player was cut/dropped; can I choose a new one?
As long as a golfer was cut before the picks deadline, Participants may choose another golfer. This choice must be received before the deadline hits.
4. Why do I make selections for two tournaments?
Not only does Fantasy Challenge allow Participants to compete in PGA TOUR tournaments, it also allows for competition in some of the biggest LPGA Tour and European Tour tournaments. On weeks with multiple tournaments, Participants must make selections for both to receive credit for the week.
5. Do I have to make selections for both tournaments at the same time?
No, because there are many times where one tournament begins much earlier than the other (when in Europe for example), Fantasy Challenge 2013 allows for multiple deadlines. Participants are encouraged to check the Fantasy Homepage each week for deadline changes. Participants can also sign up for the Fantasy Challenge Newsletter which has deadline reminders.
6. How does the Mulligan system work?
At the end of each Segment, all Participants will have their lowest score dropped for that Segment. The Mulligan will not be affect weekly scoring or tie breakers. If a Participants Mulligan week is needed for a tie breaker, the score that was dropped will be used.
7. What is the Million Dollar Bracket?
During the week of the WGC-Accenture Match Play, Fantasy Challenge will host a true bracket game. If a Participant fills out the bracket 100% correctly, they will receive One Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00 U.S.). See Official Rules for further details on this prizing. Points will still be awarded and points accumulated during that week will be added to the Fantasy standings. See Official Rules for more details on points.
8. I don’t play Fantasy Challenge. Can I still participate in the Million Dollar Bracket?
To participate in the Million Dollar Bracket, users will have to register with the Fantasy Challenge. They do not have to be playing before the WGC-Accenture or after to participate that week or to win.
9. Where can I find my current ranking?
A Participants current ranking will always be at the top of their leaderboard. Participants can also select a specific week do see how they did for a specific tournament.
10. Where do I find how much money I won for each specific week?
Go to “Leaderboard” and click the week to view. When that populates, click the “View” link under “Details” all the way to the right of the Team Name. A pop up box will show how all the chosen golfers did.
11. Where can I find who I picked for past tournaments/weeks?
Go to “Leaderboard” and click the week to view. When that populates, click the “View” link under “Details” all the way to the right of the Team Name. A pop up box will show who was picked for that week.
12. When does each segment end?
The Kick-off/Winter Segment begins with the Hyundai Tournament of Champions and ends with the Shell Houston Open.
The Spring Segment begins with the Valero Texas Open and ends with the US Open.
(See full RULES for details)
13. What is the segment winner prize?
Three (3) winners at the end of each segment will receive a new Hybrid (ARV: $150.00 US). See full RULES for details.
14. What is the weekly winner prize?
Three (3) winners at the end of each week will receive a Dick’s Sporting Goods gift card. The First place winner will receive a One Hundred Dollar ($100.00 US) Dick’s Sporting Goods gift card and the Second and Third place winners will each receive a Fifty Dollar ($50.00 US) gift card. See full RULES for details.
15. How do I find out if I won a prize?
At the end of each week, segment as well as at the completion of the Challenge in its entirety; winners will be contacted by a member of the Golf Channel marketing team via email. A full list of winners can be seen on the Winners link on the Fantasy Challenge home page underneath the Expert Leaderboard.
16. Can I win more than once?
Once a Participant has won a particular contest, they can NOT win the same contest again. Ex: A Participant may NOT win more than one weekly prize but MAY win a weekly prize and a segment prize, etc.
17. I placed in the top three for the current week, when will I be contacted?
All winners are contacted within a week of the tournament in question ending.
18. I chose the winner of the past tournament, do I win a prize?
Unfortunately we do not award prizes based on correctly choosing a tournaments overall winner. Prizes are based on who has the highest number of points for the given week.
19. When are the earnings posted each week for the tournament?
The earnings are posted when the tournament ends on Sunday evening.
20. Where do I find the past week/segment winners?
A full list of winners is posted on the Winners link on the Fantasy Challenge home page underneath the Expert Leaderboard.
21. Where do I find who the experts picked for this upcoming tournament/each past tournament?
22. What is a league? How do I create one?
Leagues are private groups for Participants and their friends to compete against each other in. They are not monitored by Golf Channel and prizes are not awarded to Participants who excel in a league. That is at the discretion of the league and its commissioner.
23. Can I leave a league once I have entered?
There is no way to delete yourself from a league once you’ve entered. Commissioners can set up ground rules for quitting the league amongst them.
24. Can I start a league even though the game has already begun?
Yes, leagues can be joined at any time.
25. Can I join a league that has already started?
Yes, leagues can be joined at any time.
26. How do I change my email/password?
To change your password, Participants must go through GolfChannel.com. At the top of the homepage, there is a “Sign In” button. Click that link and sign in. From there, the site reverts back to the home page where there is a “My Account” button. Click that link and follow the prompts to change your email.
27. My favorite golfer in playing in this week’s tournament but I don’t see him in the Fantasy Challenge field. Why?
We post the most updated field Mondays no later than 3PM ET. While the field is usually very close to final, there are sometimes changes on Mondays where players are moved around, drop out or are added. While we do monitor those players who withdraw and update our users to the best of our ability, we are unable to add golfers after the initial Monday cutoff.
28. I can’t make my picks – I keep getting an error.
Completely log out of the Fantasy Game and sign back in. If there is still a problem, make sure the most up to date version of the internet browser is being used. Finally, if that does not help, click on the Contact Us link on the Fantasy Challenge home page underneath the Expert Leaderboard and answer all the questions regarding the problem/error. Be sure to include picks for the week so that we can enter them on the backend.
29. Who do I contact if I am having problems/getting errors?
Click on the Contact Us link on the Fantasy Challenge home page underneath the Expert Leaderboard and answer all the questions regarding the problem/error and our tech team will be in contact.