2013 Fantasy Challenge Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN A PRIZE. OPEN ONLY TO PERMANENT LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DAY OF CREATION OF THEIR FIRST PROMOTION ENTRY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC (CANADA) AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Description: The 2013 Golf Channel Fantasy Challenge (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00:01p.m. (Eastern Time [“ET”]) on Monday, December 31, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59p.m. September 29, 2013 (“Contest Period”).The Contest consists of thirty seven (37) Weekly Contests (“Weekly”), three (3) Segment Contests (“Segments”), and one (1) Grand Prize contest (“Grand Prize Contest”). Each entry period begins the Monday before the tournament starts and closes the Wednesday before. Exact times TBD by sponsor depending on location of tournament and tee off times. Participants may check official start/end times for making picks each week at http://www.GolfChannel.com/Fantasy. Beginning Monday, December 31, 2012 at 12:00:01p.m. ET, Participants may enter the Golf Channel Fantasy Challenge via the Internet by logging on to the website at http://www.GolfChannel.com/Fantasy and selecting your players for Groups 1 – 4.
This is a game of skill. Winners are determined solely based on the objective Golf Channel Fantasy Golf Scoring System outlined in these Official Rules. Your registration, membership, and participation in the Game constitute your acknowledgement that you have read and understand the Official Rules and that you agree and accept those rules entirely.
Golf Channel Fantasy Golf is strictly for entertainment purposes only and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
You may compete and win prizes over three different time frames:
- Full Contest
- Segment (Kick-off, Spring, Summer)
IMPORTANT – Participants are only able to select one team of four Golfers each week. If a Participant is a member of multiple leagues, the same Golfers will be used in each league. In weeks with multiple tournaments, Participants will be able to choose 8 Golfers: 4 for each tournament. Prizes are only awarded for rank on the overall leaderboard and NOT within individual leagues.
Any attempt by an individual Participant to open multiple Golf Channel accounts or to select more than one team, will result in immediate disqualification of all teams for an individual, and forfeiture of all possible prizes that could have been earned by all teams (across all accounts).
The Full Contest game includes all tournaments below.
The Kick-off Segment begins with the Hyundai Tournament of Champions and ends with the Shell Houston Open.
The Spring Segment begins with the Valero Texas Open and ends with the US Open.
The Summer Segment begins with the Travelers Championship and ends with the TOUR Championship presented by Coca-Cola.
|Segment||Date||PGA TOUR||European Tour||LPGA Tour|
||Dec 31||Hyundai Tournament of Champions
|Jan 7||Sony Open in Hawaii|
|Jan 14||Humana Challenge||Abu Dhabi HSBC
|Jan 21||Farmers Insurance Open||Commercial Bank|
|Jan 28||Waste Management Phoenix||Omega Dubai Desert|
|Feb 4||AT&T Pebble Beach
|Feb 11||Northern Trust|
|Feb 18||WGC Accenture BRACKET CHALLENGE - see rules listing #6 below<><><>> >|
|Feb 25||The Honda Classic|
|March 4||WGC Cadillac Championship|
|Puerto Rico Open
|March 11||Tampa Bay Championship(replacing Transitions)|
||Arnold Palmer Invitational
| March 25
|| Shell Houston Open
|Spring Segment||April 1
|| Valero Texas Open
|| Kraft Nabisco
|April 15||RBC Heritage|
|April 22||Zurich Classic of New Orleans|
|April 29||Wells Fargo Championship|
|May 6||The Players Championship|
|May 13||HP Byron Nelson Championship|
|May 20||Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial||BMW PGA Championship|
|May 27||The Memorial Tournament
|June 3||St. Jude Classic||
| LPGA Championship
|June 10||U.S. Open|
|June 17||Travelers Championship|
|June 24||AT&T National|| US Women's Open
|July 1||Greenbrier Classic|
|July 8||John Deere Classic||Scottish Open
|July 15||Open Championship|
|True South Classic|
|July 22||RBC Canadian Open|
|July 29||WGC Bridgestone|| Women's British
|Aug 5||PGA Championship|
|Aug 12||Wyndham Championship|
|Aug 19||The Barclays|
|Aug 26||Deutsche Bank|
| Sept 2
|Sept 9||BMW Championship|| Evian Masters
|Sept 16||Tour Championship|
This is a tentative schedule of Events and is subject to change at the discretion of Golf Channel and or/Golf's governing bodies.
How to Play: To participate in Golf Channel Fantasy Challenge, you must be registered user of GolfChannel.com. If you are a registered user, go to http://www.GolfChannel.com/Fantasy, enter your email address to sign up, create a team name and make picks. If you are not a registered user, when you enter your email address, you will be taken to a GolfChannel.com sign up form. The sign up form requires your first name, last name, email address, password, team name, date of birth, phone number and zip code. Telephone number will only be used to contact potential winners. Submit the completed sign up form and click “register” to get started. Participants can only register and enter the contest under one (1) user name and one (1) email address.
Once registered, Participants have from Monday – Wednesday (times TBD by Sponsor depending on location of tournament and tee off times) each week to create their teams. Golfers will be slotted weekly into four (4) groups:
- Group 1
- Group 2
- Group 3
- Group 4
Note: Each tournament may have its own deadline (EX: Midnight Wednesday for European Tour picks and seven (7) AM for PGA TOUR picks on the same week). While Participants MAY make their selection at the same time for both tournaments, it will not be required. A completed team of four (4) Golfers and an answer to the tiebreaker question are required to be eligible each week. In weeks with multiple tournaments, a completed team of eight (8) Golfers and an answer to the tie breaker question are required to be eligible.
Your team of golfers competes for a single week and then your team info is deleted for the following week.
You must select a new team and answer a new tiebreaker question each week. The team you choose to enter the overall Golf Channel contest will also be the team that’s used in your individual leagues.
Golfers are only eligible in the Group they are listed in each week. Group designations may change on a weekly basis.
Multiple entries of any kind in excess of the above-stated limits by the same person will be disqualified. All Entry Information is required and must be completed in full. If an entrant resides in a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering or submitting any personally identifiable information. Proof of delivery or receipt of Entry will not be deemed by Sponsor (defined below) as proof of entry. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. The Website’s computer is the official clock for all purposes of this contest.
Each Golfer earns one point each week for each dollar earned in the PGA TOUR Tournament, European Tournament or LPGA Tour Tournament.
Total Weekly Points
Participants' total points for a Week will be calculated by summing Points for Group 1 Golfer + Points for Group 2 Golfer + Points for Group 3 Golfer + Points for Group 4 Golfer. In weeks where there are two Events to pick, Particpants’ total points will be calculated by adding the sum of Points for Golfers chosen from Event 1 and the sum of Points for Golfers chosen from Event 2.
In case of a tie, answers to the Weekly tiebreaker question(s) will be used to break the tie. The Participant with the answer closest to the correct answer will be awarded the prize. If a tie still exists, the Participant who chose their team and answered the tie breaker first will be deemed the winner. Ex: If a Participant makes their picks at 6pm. ET on Monday evening and then changes their picks at 9am ET on Wednesday, the Wednesday time stamp will be considered in the instance of a tie breaker.
Total Segment Points
Participants’ total points for a Segment will be calculated by summing all Total Weekly Points earned in that Segment. The points received for the PGA TOUR Tournament and the European Tournament will be added together for the Segment points.
In case of a tie, the Participant with the highest single Weekly Points performance within that Segment will be awarded the prize. If a tie still exists, the Participant with the highest score in the last Week of the Segment will be deemed the winner. If a tie still exists, the Participant with the highest score in the second to last Week of the Segment will be deemed the winner. If a tie still exists, the Participant with the highest score in the third to last Week of the Segment will be deemed the winner and so forth and so on.
Total Full Contest Points
Participants’ total points for the Full Contest will be calculated by summing all Total Segment Points together for the full contest.
In case of a tie, the Participant with the highest single Total Weekly Points performance within the whole contest will be awarded the prize. If a tie still exists, the Participant with the highest score in the Summer Segment will be deemed the winner. If a tie still exists, the Participant with the highest score in Spring Segment will be deemed the winner. If a tie still exists, the Participant with the highest score in the Kickoff Segment will be deemed the winner. If a tie still exists, the Participant with the highest score in the last week of the Contest will be deemed the winner. If a tie still exists, the Participant with the highest score in the second to last week of the Contest will be deemed the winner and so forth and so on.
Every segment, the Participants lowest score will be dropped from calculating the Participants’ segment and subsequently overall score (called a mulligan). The mulligan will automatically be calculated and the lowest score of the segment will be removed for each Participant. This will only be applied after week 1 in each segment. EX: If a Participant forgets to play or misses a week, their score of $0 will be dropped. The mulligan will not be factored into the Segment tiebreaker. Ex: If a specific week’s score is needed to determine the winner of a Segment, etc., and the mulligan was used, Golf Channel will use the score that was dropped to determine the tie.
If a tournament is cancelled or ends early, for any reason, Golf Channel Fantasy Golf will award points based on the actual cash pay-out determined by the tournament hosts. If no prizes are paid, no points will be awarded.
If needed, rulings will be made based on the specific situation and Sponsor will post a notice on the game web site.
Eligibility: Contest is only open to permanent legal residents of the United States, D.C. and Canada (excluding Puerto Rico and the province of Quebec), who are physically located and residing therein and who are 18 years of age or older as of the day of creation of their first promotion entry and who possess a valid Social Security, personal tax I.D number or Social Insurance Number issued by the appropriate government agency. Employees of TGC, LLC d/b/a Golf Channel ("Sponsor"), GolfNow, LLC & NBCUniversal Media, LLC, cable operators, multiple service providers, advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in production, development, implementation or handling of the Contest, and any agents acting for the above entities, and their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, prize suppliers, or any other person or entity associated with the Contest (collectively "Contest Entities") and members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether related or not are ineligible to enter the Contest.
Prizes/Odds of Winning:
One (1) Grand Prize ("GP"): The Participant with the highest Total Full Contest Points will earn the Grand Prize. To be eligible for the grand prize, one must participate in two (2) out of the three (3) segments.
Golf Channel Fantasy Golf Grand Prize: One (1) GP consists of one (1) trip ("Trip") to be shared by GP winner and one (1) guest (“Guest”). Trip includes round-trip coach-class air transportation, 4-night standard hotel accommodations, rental car transportation and $500 U.S. spending money. Exact destination, hotel and details are to be determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion.
Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of GP is: Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000 U.S.).
Nine (9) Segment Prizes: Three (3) Adams Hybrids will be awarded to the top three (3) segment winners during each of the three (3) segments listed in the chart above.
ARV of each Segment Prize is: One Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($150.00 U.S.).
Ten (10) Overall Contest Prizes: The ten (10) leaders on the Golf Channel leaderboard at the completion of the contest will win a new TaylorMade Driver. Top ten must have participated in two (2) out of the three (3) segments to be eligible for the prize.
ARV of each Overall Contest prize is: Three Hundred Dollars ($300.00 U.S.).
One hundred and eight (108) Weekly Contest Prizes: Three (3) Dicks Sporting Goods gift cards will be awarded during each of the thirty six (36) weekly tournaments listed in the chart above (all excluding the WGC Accenture Match Play. See rules listing #6 below for more info including the week's prizing).
ARV of First place each Weekly Contest prize is: One Hundred Dollars ($100.00 U.S.).
ARV of Second and Third place each Weekly Contest prize is: Fifty Dollars ($50.00 U.S.).
Total ARV of all prizes: Sixteen thousand and five hundred and fifty dollars ($16,550.00 U.S.).
Trip is subject to air travel and hotel availability, holiday and black-out dates, and all other prize and travel restrictions. GP winner and Guest must book their travel at the same time. GP winner and Guest must take air travel on same travel itinerary. GP winner is solely responsible for all costs, incidentals, and expenses not specifically mentioned as being included, including but not limited to, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, meals, souvenirs, gasoline, and gratuities. Travel Guest must be 21 years of age or older as of the start of the Trip. Once determined, no change, extension or substitution of trip dates are permitted, except by Sponsor at its sole discretion. If GP winner and/or travel Guest are residents of Canada they must obtain all necessary and required travel documents (passports, travel visas, etc.) prior to travel. To accept rental car portion of prize, GP winner or travel Guest must have a valid U.S. or Canadian driver’s license, be 25 years of age or older, and have at least one major credit card in good standing. In the event that the GP winner is unable to accept car rental portion of prize, all other prize components will serve as full satisfaction of the prize and no additional compensation will be awarded. In the event that the GP (or any portion of GP) becomes unavailable for any reason, all other prize components will serve as full satisfaction of the prize and no additional compensation will be awarded. Winners are solely responsible for all costs, incidentals, including but not limited to Canadian customs fees, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for a prize (or prize component), except that Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) for one of equal value for any reason. Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. Prizes and prize notifications will only be shipped to street addresses in the U.S. or Canada (excluding Puerto Rico and the province of Quebec in Canada). All federal, state, provincial, or other taxes are sole responsibility of the winners. Winners with cumulative prize winnings over $600 (excluding Canadian winners, if applicable) will receive a 1099 from the Sponsor for the total ARV of prize (stated herein) that he/she won in the calendar year that he/she won.
Actual value of the Grand Prize may depend on location of winner, fares at the time of travel, and the value of services rendered. Therefore, the value of the Grand Prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and ARV will not be awarded. Any costs associated with Grand Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly stated above are not included in the Grand Prize package and are the responsibility solely of the winner and his/her travel companion(s). Such costs may include, without limitation, any additional ground transportation, meals, incidentals, tips, telephone calls or other personal costs and expenses not specified herein but relating to use or acceptance of the Grand Prize package which are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Grand Prize winner must arrange travel with Golf Channel's agent in a timely manner. Travel is subject to availability and blackout periods. Additional restrictions may apply. Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion(s) will be required to travel on the identical itinerary. Grand Prize winner and travel companion(s) are responsible for obtaining identification documents and/or other travel documents required for the trip. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, vouchers, certificates, prizes or prize components once they are in the Grand Prize winner's possession. No transfer, or cash or other substitution of any prize allowed except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component of comparable or greater value. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prizes to the address provided in the entry.
POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE WINNER HAS THREE MONTHS FROM TIME OF INITIAL CONTACT TO PLAN AND SCHEDULE TRIP WITH THE HELP OF SPONSOR CONTACT. ALL TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED BY JANUARY 1, 2015. IF EITHER OF THESE DATES ARE NOT ABLE TO BE MET, THEN THE POTENTIAL WINNER WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND AN ALTERNATE POTENTIAL WINNER MAY BE SELECTED.
5. Drawing and Notification of Winners: For each Weekly contest, three (3) winners will be selected from the leaderboard. Winners will be chosen based on highest accumulated points. For each Segment contest, three (3) winners will be selected from the leaderboard. Winners will be chosen based on highest accumulated points. For the Overall contest, the ten players with the most accumulated points at the end of the contest will be selected from the leaderboard. The participant with the most accumulated points at the end of the contest will be selected as the Grand Prize winner. Selections will be done on or about one (1) week from the respective contest end date. Potential winners (their parent or legal guardian, if winners are residents of a jurisdiction that does not deem them to be of the age of majority) will be notified by email or telephone within five (5) business days of the drawing date. Once notified, potential winners will have three (3) business days from the date the email or phone call was made within which to respond to the prize notification email or phone call, or his/her entry will be disqualified and his/her prize forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, if he/she is found to be ineligible, if his/her prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, that potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that a winner is disqualified or a prize forfeited, the next person on the leaderboard may be deemed the recipient. If an entrant changes his/her email address after he/she enters the Contest, it is his/her sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor by postal mailing notice to the address listed below, to be received by the end of the Contest Period. Winners’ names may be announced (subject to verification) on Golf Channel.
Once a Participant has won a particular contest, they can NOT win the same contest again. Ex: A Participant may NOT win more than one weekly prize but they MAY win a weekly prize and a segment prize, etc.
6. WGC ACCENTURE BRACKET CHALLENGE: During the week of the WGC Accenture, Fantasy Challenge will host a traditional bracket game. Participants will be able to see and fill out the full bracket for the 2013 WGC Accenture as opposed to picking four (4) Golfers as done during standard weeks.
Points: The point system for this week will be as follows:
Round 1: $15,000
Round 2: $30,000
Round 3: $60,000
Round 4: $120,000
Round 5: $240,000
Round 6: $480,000 (picking the winner)
Points will be awarded for every correct Golfer chosen. EX: If a Participant correctly chooses 8 of the Golfers in round one, their points for that round will be $120,000. If they correctly choose 6 of the Golfers in round two, their points for that round will be $180,000 for a combined round 1 and 2 score of $300,000 and so forth and so on.
In order to receive points, the full bracket must be completed and as in weeks past, the tiebreaker question answered.
In case of a tie, answers to the tiebreaker question will be used to break the tie. The Participant with the answer closest to the correct answer will be awarded the prize. If a tie still exists, the Participant who completed their bracket and answered the tie breaker first will be deemed the winner. The team and tie breaker being used will be the entry considered. Ex: If a Participant makes their picks at 6pm. ET on Monday evening and then changes their picks at 9am ET on Wednesday, the Wednesday time stamp will be considered in the instance of a tie breaker.
Prizes/Odds of Winning:
The Participant with the highest Bracket Points will earn the Grand Prize. The Top 64 participants on the leaderboard will receive a prize. Participants do NOT have to play in previous or prior Fantasy Challenge weeks to be eligible for the Bracket Challenge Prizes.
Bracket Challenge Grand Prize: One (1) GP consists of one (1) trip (“Trip”) to the 2014 WGC Accenture Match Play to be shared by GP winner and one (1) guest (“Guest”). Trip includes round-trip coach-class air transportation, six (6)-night standard hotel accommodations, rental car transportation and $500 U.S. spending money.
Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of GP is: Six Thousand Dollars ($6,000 U.S.).
Sixty Four (64) Overall Contest Prizes: The sixty four (64) leaders on the Golf Channel leaderboard at the completion of the contest will win a new Golf Channel Driver Headcover.
ARV of each Overall Contest prize is: Fifteen Dollars ($15.00 U.S.).
Total ARV of all Bracket Challenge prizes: Six thousand and fifteen dollar ($6,015.00 U.S.).
8. Disclaimers: Contest Entities are not responsible or liable for multiple Entries of any kind entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), or for Entries that are late, destroyed, forged, lost, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and all such Entries will be disqualified. By entering the Contest, entrants agree and acknowledge to be bound by the Rules and Laws, as well as the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects; to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with the Rules and Laws, and that Contest Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: participation in this Contest; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information; acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of the prize(s) awarded herein; even if caused by the negligence of one of the Contest Entities. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring claim, action or proceeding against the Contest Entities, and hereby acknowledge that said Contest Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, mobile phone accounts not in good standing; computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, internet service provider; interruption or inability to access the Contest or any Website or online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrants (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Contest; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects or any other errors or malfunctions. Contest Entities shall have no responsibility or liability for cancellations and/or delays or any change by the air carrier(s), lodging facilities, or other company or any other persons providing any of components of the Grand Prize for the GP winner due to reasons beyond Sponsor and/or Contest Entities control. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of the Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
9. Rules/Winners List: To receive a copy of the winners list or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: 2013 Golf Channel Fantasy Challenge “Rules” or “Winners List” (Specify which), Attn: Consumer Promotions, 7580 Golf Channel Drive, Orlando, FL 32819. All requests must be received by December 16, 2013. Winners list may also be posted on Website.
10. Sponsor: TGC, INC d/b/a Golf Channel, 7580 Golf Channel Drive, Orlando, FL 32819.