- Chan Song
Current Residence: Cartersville, Ga.
Hometown: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Home Golf Course: Cartersville Country Club
College: Georgia Institute of Technology
- Two-time All American at Georgia Tech.
- 2002 ACC Rookie of the Year.
- Attended IMG Leadbetter Academy in high school – Ranked as high as No. 2 in the nation as a junior.
- Turned professional in 2006. Competed on various mini tours, Canadian Tour and Asian Tour.
- Switched to business side of golf following hand injury.
- Returned to competitive golf in 2012, playing on mini tours and the Canadian Tour.
Personal: Older brother to LPGA Tour Professionals Aree and Naree Song. High school class valedictorian. Vice President of Sales for See More Putters.
On Following in His Sisters’ Footsteps and Advancing to Golf’s Highest Level:
“Playing on the PGA TOUR always has been a dream of mine since I was young. After an accomplished junior and amateur career, I thought I would naturally transition to the PGA TOUR within a year or two after graduating college. But things didn’t go as planned, and I found myself applying for jobs to support my golf career. Through all of the hard times, however, golf remains my one true love. Watching my junior friends and college teammates make it to the PGA TOUR and LPGA Tour has been great. Right now, I am ready to prove to myself and the world that I belong there too. This is my final push and I want to capitalize on every opportunity and make it ‘count.’ I’m ready to get out there and play with the big boys.
“I also want to do this for my family. My sisters Aree and Naree have brought great fame and honor to my family, and I want to contribute to that legacy as well. My father’s dream is to see his son ranked in the top 50 in the World. I want to make him proud.”