Hometown: Savannah, Ga.
Current Residence: Savannah, Ga.
Home Golf Course: Savannah Golf Club
College: University of South Carolina
- Turned professional in 2009.
- Competed in the 2010 U.S. Open at Pebble Beach.
- Following missed cut at Pebble Beach, won next two professional events entered.
- Won 15 times in 2011 on various mini-tours.
- Currently competing on the NGA Pro Golf Tour. Currently top-5 in the 2012 money standings, with several top-10 finishes and one victory.
- Five-time winner on the NGA Pro Golf Tour-four on the NGA Carolina Summer Series and one on the NGP Pro Series.
Personal: Father passed away just prior to shooting of Big Break Greenbrier. Playing in his honor on the series.
On when he decided he wanted to be a professional golfer, and the challenges he has faced on making it to the PGA TOUR:
“I really didn’t decide that I wanted to pursue a career in golf until my senior year of college. It always was a goal of mine from youth, but I didn’t know for sure until I was about to graduate because I had horrible fundamentals growing up. I was extremely inconsistent. However, I kept getting better and better every year. I decided to turn pro in the fall of 2009. I played week to week for the first half of 2010 until I qualified for the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach, one of my biggest achievements thus far as a professional.
“Timing has kept me from getting to the next level. I won 15 times last year, and I’m confident that my game is ready. I know if I can get out there, then I will stay out there.”