The top 100 players in the standings head to TPC Boston, where they'll try to stay alive in the FedEx Cup Playoffs. Here's what You Oughta Know heading into the Deutsche Bank Championship:
• The top 70 players in the FedEx Cup standings on Sunday will advance to the BMW Championship at Crooked Stick. The top 30 after the BMW will then make their way to the season-ending Tour Championship at East Lake.
• For reference, four players who started outside the top 70 last year managed to play their way to the BMW. An average of 6.6 players per year have successfully done so over the last five years.
• With Davis Love III set to make his captain's picks on Sept. 12, Jim Furyk could help his cause in a big way this weekend. He boasts the best cumulative score to par at TPC Boston over the last five years at 45 under par.
• Coming off his disappointing finish at Bethpage, Rickie Fowler returns to TPC Boston as the defending champion, looking for his first PGA Tour win in a year.
• With a win, Fowler would become the first player to successfully defend a FedEx Cup Playoffs title.
• Patrick Reed, separately, is looking to become the sixth player to win playoff events in back-to-back weeks, joining Tiger Woods, Vijay Singh, Camilo Villegas, Rory McIlroy and Billy Horschel.
Information courtesy Golf Channel's Editorial Research Unit