GolfChannel.com will provide weekly updates on the U.S. Ryder Cup points standings (Click to view European Ryder Cup standings).
Following the PGA Championship on August 12, eight players will automatically qualify for the U.S team, captained by Davis Love III. After the HP Byron Nelson Championship, here are the top eight in the standings (with points earned and last week's position in the top eight in parentheses):
1. Bubba Watson (4,798.40; 1)
2. Phil Mickelson (4,069.92; 2)
3. Jason Dufner (4,044.37; 6)
4. Matt Kuchar (3,684.18; 3)
5. Hunter Mahan (3,347.10; 4)
6. Keegan Bradley (3,212.28; 5)
7. Rickie Fowler (2,865.46; 7)
8. Steve Stricker (2,291.25; 8)
Love also has four wild-card selections he will make in September. Here are some current notables:
9. Tiger Woods: He has a pair of T-40 finishes and a missed cut in his last three starts but said Monday he is grinding through the rut.
11. Brandt Snedeker: Snedeker went to Spain to compete in the Volvo World Match Play after missing the cut at The Players Championship. He reached the quarterfinals, even winning a match with 10 clubs. He was inside the top 20 at the Masters and Heritage.
12. Ben Curtis: Curtis took a well-earned week off after playing the last four tournaments, including a win at the Texas Open, a T-2 at The Players and a T-5 at Quail Hollow.
14. Johnson Wagner: Wagner missed the cut at the Nelson, which gives him a third missed cut in the last five starts.
18. Robert Garrigus: Garrigus finished T-9 at the Nelson and has been inside the top 15 in three of his last four PGA Tour starts.