GolfChannel.com will provide weekly updates on the U.S. Ryder Cup points standing (Click to view European Ryder Cup standings).
Following the PGA Championship on August 12, Davis Love III will have eight players automatically qualify for his U.S team at Medinah. After The Players Championship, here are the top eight in the standings (with points earned and last week's position in the top eight in parentheses):
1. Bubba Watson (4,798.40; 1)
2. Phil Mickelson (3,860.30; 2)
3. Matt Kuchar (3,576.93; NR)
4. Hunter Mahan (3,347.10; 3)
5. Keegan Bradley (3,158.33; 4)
6. Jason Dufner (2,874.37; 5)
7. Rickie Fowler (2,865.46; 7)
8. Steve Stricker (2,291.25; 6)
Love also has four wild-card selections he will make in September. Here are some current notables:
9. Tiger Woods: Dropped out of the top eight this week, but will be a lock to make the team despite a pair of T-40 finishes and a missed cut in his last three starts.
10. Bill Haas: Had a nice week at Sawgrass, finishing T-25 for his best result since winning at Riviera in February.
12. Ben Curtis: In the space of three weeks, Curtis has a win, a T-2 and is suddenly a reasonable pick for the Ryder Cup team.
13. Zach Johnson: Should be back into the picture thanks to a T-2 Players finish. The Sea Island Mafia had a great week at Sawgrass.
17. Kevin Na: On the plus side, Na played very well for three rounds at Sawgrass. On the downside, Captain Love may not feel comfortable picking a guy with that kind of pre-shot problem.