GolfChannel.com will provide weekly updates on the U.S. Ryder Cup points standings (Click to view European Ryder Cup standings).
Following the PGA Championship on Aug. 12, eight players will automatically qualify for the U.S team, captained by Davis Love III. After the Travelers Championship, here are the top eight in the standings (with points earned and last week's position in the top eight in parentheses):
1. Bubba Watson (5,326.40; 2)
2. Jason Dufner (5,289.25; 2)
3. Webb Simpson (4,458.00; 3)
4. Phil Mickelson (4,107.11; 4)
5. Matt Kuchar (4,043.423; 5)
6. Hunter Mahan (3,669.37; 6)
7. Tiger Woods (3,499.41; 7)
8. Zach Johnson (3,325.86; 8)
Bubba Watson took the the lead back from Jason Dufner, but the top eight remains the same.
Love also has four wild-card selections he will make in September. Here are some current notables:
9. Keegan Bradley: The reigning PGA champion finished T-29 in a New England home game. He heads to Portrush for the Irish Open this week with no chance to earn Ryder Cup points.
10. Rickie Fowler: Fowler took the week off but has a pair of lackluster finishes at the Memorial and U.S. Open after a scorching May.
11. Dustin Johnson: The Memphis winner was off this week and missed the cut at the U.S. Open.
12. Steve Stricker: Stricker finished T-15 at the U.S. Open but was off last week and will be again this week.
13. Jim Furyk: Furyk returns this week at the AT&T National and will have the spotlight on him at Congressional.
14. Bill Haas: In his last two starts, Haas has been unable to cash in and needs a turnaround to merit stronger consideration than those ahead of him.