Here are the benefits you can receive from this training device:
1) Improve flexibility to lower the risk of injuries and improve range of motion
2) Increased shoulder girdle flexibility for more stability at top of your backswing
3) Increased upper leg flexibility for improved balance during your swing
4) Increased hip girdle flexibility for more power and club head speed
5) Increased lower leg flexibility for more push-off power in the downswing
6) Increased trunk flexibility which is critical in making an effective turn
7) Increased forearm and wrist flexibility for better club control
8) Ultimately increase your overall fitness level!
Now lets get started!
Start: Lie back with both knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Pull the right leg to the chest and wrap the center of the stretch trainer around the back of the thigh.
Action: Hold the stretch trainer equally on both sides and slowly bend the knee into the chest to create the stretch.
Finish: Release the tension and repeat but the second time increase the stretch.
Flexible low back will promote a fuller turn.
Start: Stand with both feet center strap of the Stretch Trainer.
Action: Slowly bend at the waist towards the floor until your torso is parallel to the floor. Slowly round the back upward and pull tension on the stretch trainer.
Finish: When you have reached a comfortable position hold the position and contract the abdomen. Repeat but the second time, increase the stretch.
Click here for training aids from the Golf Fitness Pro Shop!
Editor's Note: Kelly Blackburn has traveled the PGA Tour and Champions Tour circuits as a fitness consultant and trainer for 11 years. Kelly welcomes your email questions and comments, contact her at BlackburnOnTour@aol.com. Visit KellyBlackburn.com to learn more about health and fitness for golf.