- Quake Shake: Golfers at Plainfield Country Club in New Jersey felt the affects of a 5.8 magnitude earthquake centered in Virginia. No injuries have been reported.
- Obama's Round: CBS News reports President Barack Obama was starting a round of golf at Martha's Vineyard when the Earthquake rattled the Northeast at 1:51pm Eastern. The White House says he didn't feel the quake.
- Trophy Tour: PGA Champion Keegan Bradley says he took the Wanamaker Trophy home to Jupiter then took it on a tour of the town to give access to his friends and neighbors.
- Amateur Anxiety: Strong storms forced a nearly 4-hour delay at the U.S. Amateur at Erin Hills. Half the field returns this morning to complete their 2nd rounds.
- Labor Day Travel Projections
- Toys “R” Us Expansion Plans
- Sprint Gets iPhone
7:12a ET: Nicole Lapin, CNBC Business Report
7:15a ET: Steve Burkowski, Golf Channel Reporter
7:30a ET: John Hawkins, Golf Channel Contributor
7:45a ET: Alex Miceli, Golf Channel Contributor
8:15a ET: Peter Jacobsen, Golf Channel on NBC Analyst
8:45a ET: Heath Slocum, 2009 Barclays Champion
WATCH & LISTEN TO TODAY'S ACTION
Steve Burkowski Interview > Listen Now
John Hawkins: Hawk Talk > Listen Now
Alex Miceli's Fantasy Picks > Listen Now
Peter Jacobsen Interview > Listen Now
Heath Slocum Interview > Listen Now
Best of Morning Drive: August 24, 2011 > Listen Now
*WEB EXCLUSIVE* Helping Playoff Hands > Watch Now
If interested in the music you heard today on 'Morning Drive', download it on iTunes.
Tune-in or stream the show live on GolfChannel.com this week at 7AM ET
Thursday, August 25
GOLFNOW DAILY HOOK UP
Previous day's winner:
Ian Smith of Baltimore, MD
Laurel Hill Golf Club in Washington, D.C.
The Laurel Hill Golf Club facility features 7,010 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 71.