JUSTIN THOMAS – GOLF’S LATEST MAJOR CHAMPION – TO JOIN DAVID FEHERTY IN SEASON FINALE OF FEHERTY, MONDAY, SEPT. 4 AT 9 P.M. ET ON GOLF CHANNEL
2017 PGA Champion, Along with Louis Oosthuizen (Monday, Aug. 21), Darius Rucker (Monday, Aug. 28) to Cap Unforgettable Season for Feherty, Including Emmy Nominations; Milestone 100th Episode; and A-List Guest Roster
Golf’s most recent major champion, Justin Thomas, will join David Feherty on the season seven finale of his self-titled, Emmy-nominated “Outstanding Weekly Studio Show” – Feherty presented by Farmers Insurance® – premiering Monday, Sept. 4 at 9 p.m. ET on Golf Channel.
Filmed yesterday at his home in Jupiter, Fla., Thomas discusses his breakout season on the PGA TOUR, punctuated by his PGA Championship victory last Sunday. The premiere of the 24-year-old Kentucky native’s interview on Feherty will follow fellow major champion Louis Oosthuizen (Monday, Aug. 21) and Grammy Award-winning musician Darius Rucker (Monday, Aug. 28):
- Louis Oosthuizen (Monday, August 21, 9 p.m. ET): The 2010 Champion Golfer of the Year reflects on his final few holes at St. Andrews while holding an eight-shot lead and ultimately claiming his first major championship. Oosthuizen also offers regret with respect to some of golf’s best venues becoming obsolete due to how far professionals hit it these days, and details how he goes about traveling to each TOUR stop with his traveling mattress in tow.
- Darius Rucker (Monday, August 28, 9 p.m. ET): The chart-topping country music artist talks about his affinity for golf, and how his game is currently better than ever. Rucker also details how his “Monday After the Masters” event came about, and discusses why he chose to venture into the sports agency business.
Thomas rounds out a star-studded roster of guests on Feherty in 2017, including Academy Award-winning actor Matthew McConaughey, NBA All-Star point guard Stephen Curry and World Golf Hall of Fame member Phil Mickelson. Other highlights for Feherty in 2017 include:
- 2017 Sports Emmy Nominations – one for Feherty himself, “Outstanding Sports Personality – Studio Host,” and one for the Feherty series, “Outstanding Weekly Studio Show”.
- Milestone 100th Episode – A special 90-minute multi-guest conversation with Lee Trevino, John Daly and Gary McCord that aired on Monday, July 24 on Golf Channel to celebrate the series’ success dating back to its initial premiere in June 2011.
- Record Viewership – Feherty saw record viewership for the season 7 two-part premiere with golf icon Phil Mickelson earlier this year. Part I (Monday, March 6) became the most-watched Golf Channel original production ever on a Live+3 basis (.41 rating, 640k avg. viewers). The following week, Part II (Monday, March 13) became the most-watched Feherty premiere episode ever (.27 rating, 442k avg. viewers), earning a spot in the top-5 for sports programming for two consecutive Mondays.
Described as “golf’s iconoclast,” by Rolling Stone, and “the last unscripted man on TV,” by Men’s Journal, Feherty has gone one-on-one with celebrities across golf, sports, entertainment, politics and business, including four U.S. Presidents: Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama, and Donald Trump; sports legends Bill Russell and Charles Barkley; Hollywood icons Matthew McConaughey and Larry David; coaches Nick Saban and Bob Knight; as well a list of golfing greats spanning Jack Nicklaus, Phil Mickelson, Lee Trevino, Annika Sorenstam, and many others. He has made a name for himself not only through his self-titled Golf Channel talk show, but as one of the most irrepressible personalities calling golf over the past two decades.