The 280 acres that is now The Legacy Golf Resort was once a 7,500-acre ranch once owned by Dwight B. Heard at the turn of the century. The original three-grain silos, built in 1902, still remain along the 18th fairway and were once the tallest structures in Maricopa County. The Sierra Vista House, which marks the 1st tee, was visited on occasion by Theodore Roosevelt and Pancho Villa in the early 1900`s.
The 280 acres that is now The Legacy Golf Club was once a 7,500-acre ranch once owned by Dwight B. Heard at the turn of the century. Designed by renowned golf course architect Gary Panks, The Legacy Golf Club's lush green fairways, forgiving rough, well-placed hazards, and manicured greens offer a challenge for golfers of all skill levels. Indigenous grasses, flowers, shrubs and trees surround the rolling terrain. Its elevation provides exceptional views of Camelback Mountain, Squaw Peak and the downtown Phoenix skyline.