OMAHA, Neb. – Ben Kohles won his second straight Web.com Tour title since turning professional, closing with a 9-under 62 on Sunday for a three-stroke victory in the Cox Classic.
The 22-year-old former University of Virginia player won the Nationwide Children's Hospital Invitational last week in a playoff in Columbus, Ohio, in his first professional start. He was the first player to win a Web.com title in his pro debut and is the first to win in his first two tour starts.
Kohles also wrapped up a 2013 PGA Tour card from the Web.com money list and moved within a victory of an immediate PGA Tour promotion. He earned $117,000 to move into second place on the money list with $261,000, more than enough to finish in the final top 25 and earn a PGA Tour card.
Kohles finished at 24-under 260 at Champions Run.
Dawie van Der Walt fired an 11-under 60 to finish in second place.
In a remarkable start to his professional career, Ben Kohles followed up last week's Web.com Tour win in his first event with another one this week at the Cox Classic. He fired a 9-under 62 in the fin... Read More
Golf Channel's coverage of the 2013 Web.com Tour season gets underway Thursday with live, four-round coverage of the BMW Charity Pro-Am Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on anchor ban: 'Not going to roll over'