Allen bounces back in Senior PGA second round
- By Associated Press
- May 25, 2012 3:04 PM ET
BENTON HARBOR, Mich. – Michael Allen shot a 7-under 64 in the second round of the Senior PGA Championship on Friday, bouncing back impressively from a difficult first day to move into contention.
Allen shot 77 in the first round but finished the second at 1 under for the tournament. He's three shots behind leader Roger Chapman, with Chapman still on the course. Steve Pate is at 3 under after six holes Friday. Joel Edwards (67), Hale Irwin and John Cook are at 2 under.
Allen, the Champions Tour's money leader this year, hit 17 greens in regulation Friday - after reaching only seven in his first round. No player has recovered from a first-round 77 to win the Senior PGA Championship.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- LIVE STREAM: Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic
- SCORING: Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA Bahamas
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd at Colonial for using putting aid
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots