Allen bounces back in Senior PGA second round
- By Associated Press
- May 25, 2012 3:04 PM ET
BENTON HARBOR, Mich. – Michael Allen shot a 7-under 64 in the second round of the Senior PGA Championship on Friday, bouncing back impressively from a difficult first day to move into contention.
Allen shot 77 in the first round but finished the second at 1 under for the tournament. He's three shots behind leader Roger Chapman, with Chapman still on the course. Steve Pate is at 3 under after six holes Friday. Joel Edwards (67), Hale Irwin and John Cook are at 2 under.
Allen, the Champions Tour's money leader this year, hit 17 greens in regulation Friday - after reaching only seven in his first round. No player has recovered from a first-round 77 to win the Senior PGA Championship.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Garcia apologizes for 'fried chicken' remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth