Ballesteros recovery from cancer positive


MADRID – Seve Ballesteros says his latest medical checks show his recovery from brain cancer is going well.

The 52-year-old Spaniard said Wednesday on his Web page that exhaustive checks two weeks ago confirmed that an aggressive radiotherapy treatment used over the past six weeks had provided “very positive” results.

Ballesteros said that he would rest as much as possible now after feeling fatigue over the course of treatment. He underwent four separate surgeries last year to remove a malignant tumor from his brain.

Ballesteros, who won three British Opens and two Masters titles, is attending the World Match Play Championship at Finca Cortesin golf course in Spain this weekend. He won the event a record five times.