Tournament director Tracy West said officials considered rescheduling the event for September, but couldn't find a date when the club was available and players and event volunteers could return.
'We simply could not fit all the pieces together in a way that worked,' she said.
The tournament, which had been scheduled for June 9-11, never started after the course was inundated by heavy rains that flooded fairways and bunkers and caused the Sudbury River to overflow onto the course. Carp were jumping on the 18th fairway.
The tournament was postponed June 10.
Proceeds from the event go to charity. West said Wednesday that a donation will be made to the charities, though she didn't announce the amount.
West said all daily tickets will be honored at next year's tournament, scheduled for June 18-24.
It was the tour's first cancellation since the week of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.