THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Turns out that Tiger Woods won the last edition of the Chevron World Challenge.
Chevron has decided not to renew its title sponsorship of the tournament that Woods hosts at Sherwood Country Club to benefit his foundation. The company had been the title sponsor for four years.
Tournament director Greg McLaughlin says he feels confident that he will be able to find another title sponsor. The tournament has had three title sponsors since it began in 1999.
Meanwhile, McLaughlin says Sherwood Country Club has extended its contract to host the tournament through 2015.
Woods has won the tournament five times, although his victory Sunday was the first time he won when it was called the Chevron World Challenge.
Tiger Woods and a field of stellar golfers are looking to end their season playing at the World Challenge at Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks, California, hosted by Woods himself. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Tiger: No desire to clear the air with Garcia
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Mickelson to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Teater leads British Open qualifier; Guthrie 1 back
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae