Delayed second round wraps with McGrane on top
- By Associated Press
- Mar 24, 2012 10:20 AM ET
AGADIR, Morocco – Damien McGrane of Ireland took a one-stroke lead after completing the delayed second round of the weather-affected Hassan II Trophy in Morocco on Saturday.
The Irishman managed to save par from a fairway bunker on the last in a round of 4-under 68 to move to 11 under on the Golf du Palais Royal course.
McGrane, whose only previous European Tour success was a nine-shot victory in the 2008 China Open, started his second round late Friday after a lengthy delay to the start of play because of high wind.
Overnight leader Phillip Price of Wales had completed his second round Friday with a 66 for a 10-under total.
Also, Friday Spain’s Jose Manuel Lara recorded a 65 to reach 9 under, one ahead of Sweden’s Joakim Sjolholm with a 66.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots