Battle royale: Fowler, Yang lead McIlroy in Korea
- By Associated Press
- Oct 6, 2011 8:39 AM ET
SEOUL, South Korea – Defending champion Y.E. Yang shot a 4-under 67 Thursday to claim a share of the lead with Rickie Fowler after the first round of the Korea Open.
In front of his local fans, Yang sank a birdie putt on the final hole at Woo Jeong Hills Country Club. Fowler bogeyed the same hole.
McIlroy, who finished third at the 2009 tournament, birdied the opening hole and missed a chance to take a share of the lead with a bogey on No. 18.
Graeme McDowell and Lee Westwood both weighed in on Rory McIlroy's decision to leave Horizon Sports Management. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth