Battle royale: Fowler, Yang lead McIlroy in Korea
- By Associated Press
- Oct 6, 2011 8:39 AM ET
SEOUL, South Korea – Defending champion Y.E. Yang shot a 4-under 67 Thursday to claim a share of the lead with Rickie Fowler after the first round of the Korea Open.
In front of his local fans, Yang sank a birdie putt on the final hole at Woo Jeong Hills Country Club. Fowler bogeyed the same hole.
McIlroy, who finished third at the 2009 tournament, birdied the opening hole and missed a chance to take a share of the lead with a bogey on No. 18.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on anchor ban: 'Not going to roll over'
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air