Hallberg, Freeman lead Champions Tour Q-School
- By Associated Press
- Nov 17, 2011 7:17 PM ET
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Gary Hallberg and Jeff Freeman shot 5-under 66s on Thursday to share the third-round lead in the Champions Tour National Qualifying Tournament at TPC Scottsdale’s Champions Course.
Hallberg and Freeman had 15-under 198 totals with one round remaining.
Canada’s Jim Rutledge, the 36-hole leader, was two strokes back after a 70.
The final top five will earn exempt status for the 2012 season until the reorder, while the next seven players will be conditionally exempt. In addition, the top 30 finishers and ties will be eligible to compete for spots in open qualifiers at all co-sponsored events.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process