Hallberg, Freeman lead Champions Tour Q-School
- By Associated Press
- Nov 17, 2011 7:17 PM ET
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Gary Hallberg and Jeff Freeman shot 5-under 66s on Thursday to share the third-round lead in the Champions Tour National Qualifying Tournament at TPC Scottsdale’s Champions Course.
Hallberg and Freeman had 15-under 198 totals with one round remaining.
Canada’s Jim Rutledge, the 36-hole leader, was two strokes back after a 70.
The final top five will earn exempt status for the 2012 season until the reorder, while the next seven players will be conditionally exempt. In addition, the top 30 finishers and ties will be eligible to compete for spots in open qualifiers at all co-sponsored events.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots