Hicks takes 2-shot lead in Web.com Championship
- By Associated Press
- Oct 26, 2012 7:06 PM ET
McKINNEY, Texas – Justin Hicks shot a 2-under 69 in breezy conditions Friday to take a two-stroke lead after the second round of the Web.com Tour Championship.
The top 60 on the money list qualified for the season-ending event at TPC Craig Ranch, and the final top 25 will earn 2013 PGA Tour cards. At 11th on the money list, Hicks has already wrapped up a Tour card. He had an 8-under 134 total.
Justin Bolli and Canadian Brad Fritsch were tied for second. They each shot 71. Fritsch is 21st on the money list, and Bolli 44th.
Russell Henley, the former Georgia player who won the Jacksonville Open on Sunday for his second victory of the year, was 5 under along with James Hahn, Scott Gardiner and Michael Putnam. Henley is third on the money list, Hahn 13th, Gardiner 14th and Putnam 30th.
The winner will receive $180,000 from the $1 million purse.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Sorenstam in 'Go Annika'
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management