SYLVANIA, Ohio – Pernilla Lindberg holed birdie putts of 40 and 50 feet and added three 25-footers in a round of 7-under 64 to take a two-shot lead Thursday after the rainy opening round of the Jamie Farr Toledo Classic.
The 26-year-old Swede, a former Oklahoma State player, hasn't finished in the top 10 of an LPGA event in her three years and 36 starts as a pro. She has missed the cut in six of her 10 starts this season.
But she drained a 50-foot putt for birdie at No. 5, made a 40-footer for a 2 on the par-3 14th and made 25-footers at Nos. 4, 12 and 18.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- LIVE STREAM: Senior PGA Championship, Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchoring attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly