SYLVANIA, Ohio – Pernilla Lindberg holed birdie putts of 40 and 50 feet and added three 25-footers in a round of 7-under 64 to take a two-shot lead Thursday after the rainy opening round of the Jamie Farr Toledo Classic.
The 26-year-old Swede, a former Oklahoma State player, hasn't finished in the top 10 of an LPGA event in her three years and 36 starts as a pro. She has missed the cut in six of her 10 starts this season.
But she drained a 50-foot putt for birdie at No. 5, made a 40-footer for a 2 on the par-3 14th and made 25-footers at Nos. 4, 12 and 18.
Chella Choi shot her second straight 6-under 66 on Saturday to take a one-stroke lead over Jessica Korda and Anna Nordqvist, the Swede who broke the course record with an 11-under 61 in the third roun... Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth