Kennedy earns spot in British Open with win in Japan
- By Associated Press
- Jun 24, 2012 11:11 AM ET
KASAOKA, Japan – Australian Brad Kennedy shot a 6-under 66 on Sunday to win his first tournament in Japan at the Mizuno Open while earning a place at next month's British Open.
The 38-year-old Kennedy carded four birdies on the front nine at the JFE Setonaikai Golf Club and added three more after the turn against a lone bogey on the par-4 No. 12. He finished at 17-under 271, three strokes ahead of Japanese golfers Toshinori Muto and Toru Taniguchi.
Kennedy's previous best finish on the Japanese tour was a tie for second at last year's Canon Open.
Tags: Brad Kennedy
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process