Kennedy earns spot in British Open with win in Japan
- By Associated Press
- Jun 24, 2012 11:11 AM ET
KASAOKA, Japan – Australian Brad Kennedy shot a 6-under 66 on Sunday to win his first tournament in Japan at the Mizuno Open while earning a place at next month's British Open.
The 38-year-old Kennedy carded four birdies on the front nine at the JFE Setonaikai Golf Club and added three more after the turn against a lone bogey on the par-4 No. 12. He finished at 17-under 271, three strokes ahead of Japanese golfers Toshinori Muto and Toru Taniguchi.
Kennedy's previous best finish on the Japanese tour was a tie for second at last year's Canon Open.
Tags: Brad Kennedy
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots