Kim leads Saint-Omer Open after second round
- By Associated Press
- Jun 15, 2012 2:30 PM ET
SAINT-OMER, France – Sihwan Kim of South Korea birdied his last two holes to shoot a 2-under 69 and lead by a stroke after the second round of the Saint-Omer Open on Friday.
Kim made three birdies and a bogey to remain on top of the leaderboard with a 6-under 136 total.
He is playing his first season in Europe and finished 11th at the Madeira Islands Open in Portugal last month.
Darren Fichardt of South Africa also had a 69 to move into second place at 5 under.
Englishmen Adam Gee and Simon Wakefield shared the overnight lead with Kim, but they shot 72s to drop to third at 139. Simon Thornton of Ireland and Wil Besseling of the Netherlands were tied for fifth place at 140.
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots