Langer leads Ace Group Classic by 3 after Day 2
- By Associated Press
- Feb 16, 2013 6:55 PM ET
NAPLES, Fla. – Bernhard Langer shot a 2-under 70 to take a three-shot lead after the second round of the Champions Tour's Ace Group Classic on Saturday.
Langer, who had a 10-under 62 in the first round, picked up where he left off with a birdie on his first hole. He made 11 straight pars after that, birdied No. 13, and parred the last five holes in windy conditions. He is at 12-under 132.
Taiwan's Chien Soon Lu and Tom Pernice Jr., who was runner-up last week in Boca Raton, Fla., are tied for second at 9-under 135.
Lu double bogeyed the first hole, then birdied seven of the next 10. He bogeyed No. 18. Pernice had four birdies and a bogey. He birdied two of his last six holes.
The wind picked up just before the leaders teed off and only got stronger as the day went on, gusting to 30 mph.
The 55-year-old Langer won this event in 2011 and was runner-up last year.
Mark O'Meara is next at 8 under. Mark Wiebe, Jay Don Blake and John Huston are another stroke back.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots