Lexi 3 shots back after Day 1 at Dubai Masters
- By Associated Press
- Dec 5, 2012 11:37 AM ET
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates – American defending champion Lexi Thompson opened with a 3-under 69 Wednesday at the Dubai Ladies Masters, three shots off the leaders.
Shanshan Feng and Florentyna Parker both shot 66s after the first round of the Dubai Ladies Masters.
''I could have dropped a few more putts. I had a lot of lip-outs out there. But I'll take 3 under for a first round,'' said Thompson, who had two bogeys on her first four holes. ''If I can stay around there and shoot a few more under than that, I'll be in a good position.''
Feng, who became the first player from mainland China to win a major championship in June at the LPGA Championship, had six birdies at the Emirates Golf Club.
Parker moved into a tie for the lead with a birdie the par-5 18th.
Klara Spilkova, Sahra Hassan and Cindy Lacrosse were a stroke behind at the season-ending Ladies European Tour tournament.
The man who saved Tiger Woods from disqualification at the Masters? It was reportedly Champions Tour player David Eger. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- WWL: Nice guy finishes first | OWGR No. 3
- Grill Room: Jungle Bird banned, misses U.S. Open
- Merion in 2021? | Tricky, appreciated | Dramatic
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of Week
- Rose wins for late dad | Hogan would've been proud
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Instruction: Play smart and patient like Rose