Lexi 3 shots back after Day 1 at Dubai Masters
- By Associated Press
- Dec 5, 2012 11:37 AM ET
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates – American defending champion Lexi Thompson opened with a 3-under 69 Wednesday at the Dubai Ladies Masters, three shots off the leaders.
Shanshan Feng and Florentyna Parker both shot 66s after the first round of the Dubai Ladies Masters.
''I could have dropped a few more putts. I had a lot of lip-outs out there. But I'll take 3 under for a first round,'' said Thompson, who had two bogeys on her first four holes. ''If I can stay around there and shoot a few more under than that, I'll be in a good position.''
Feng, who became the first player from mainland China to win a major championship in June at the LPGA Championship, had six birdies at the Emirates Golf Club.
Parker moved into a tie for the lead with a birdie the par-5 18th.
Klara Spilkova, Sahra Hassan and Cindy Lacrosse were a stroke behind at the season-ending Ladies European Tour tournament.
The man who saved Tiger Woods from disqualification at the Masters? It was reportedly Champions Tour player David Eger. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth