Matthew, whose last LPGA Tour victory came in the 2009 Women’s British Open, had a 12-under 276 total at Guadalajara Country Club and earned $200,000.
“I’m absolutely delighted,” the 42-year-old Matthew said. “I don’t think it’s quite sunk in yet. I got off to a good start and hung in there. I’m so exhausted at the moment, but I’m sure I will pick up after a margarita.”
She also won the Ladies European Tour’s Scottish Open in August.
“This is where all the best players in the world play and to win in such a limited field with all the top players playing, it’s such a boost of confidence,” Matthew said. “And even though it’s tough being out here now, I have two children at home, so I feel like I’ve got to be playing well to justify myself being out here and not being at home with them more, so it’s a bonus Christmas present now.”
Anna Nordqvist and 2010 winner I.K. Kim tied for second. They each shot 71.
Nordqvist had her best finish of the season.
“I’m happy. I had a great week,” the Swede said. “Things are starting to fall into place.”
Matthew began the round with a three-stroke lead.
“I think in a way it’s just that much more difficult when you’ve got such a big lead,” Matthew said. “I didn’t know whether to keep trying to go for birdies or just play for pars and see if they make birdies, and in the end I kind of did neither and just kind of messed up a couple of holes there, but luckily I had a big lead.”
Tournament host Ochoa is expecting her first child next month. The 27-time LPGA Tour winner retired last year.
“Lorena is doing such good work with her foundation,” Matthew said. “You come and you think ‘I’m not doing enough’ when you see all the things she does, so to have won her tournament is a special moment for me.”
Top-ranked Yani Tseng shot a 72 to finish in a share of 19th at 3 over.
Golf Channel's coverage of the 2013 Web.com Tour season gets underway Thursday with live, four-round coverage of the BMW Charity Pro-Am Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process