Five guys: McIlroy, Fowler, Yang in Korean logjam
- By Associated Press
- Oct 7, 2011 8:06 AM ET
SEOUL, South Korea – U.S. Open champion Rory McIlroy shot a a 2-under 69 Friday to take a share of the lead after the second round at the Korea Open.
McIlroy, who finished third in the event two years ago, is tied with four others at 137 overall. Defending champion Y.E. Yang (70), Rickie Fowler (70), Bronson La’Cassie (67) and Mo Joong-Kyung (66) are also at 137 at the Woo Jeong Hills Country Club.
McIlroy had two birdies on the front nine, and then added two more on the 12th and 14th holes. But bogeys on Nos. 13, 15 and 16 took him back to 1 under for the day until a birdie on 18.
Graeme McDowell and Lee Westwood both weighed in on Rory McIlroy's decision to leave Horizon Sports Management. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on ban: 'Not going to roll over and accept this'
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth