Five guys: McIlroy, Fowler, Yang in Korean logjam
- By Associated Press
- Oct 7, 2011 8:06 AM ET
SEOUL, South Korea – U.S. Open champion Rory McIlroy shot a a 2-under 69 Friday to take a share of the lead after the second round at the Korea Open.
McIlroy, who finished third in the event two years ago, is tied with four others at 137 overall. Defending champion Y.E. Yang (70), Rickie Fowler (70), Bronson La’Cassie (67) and Mo Joong-Kyung (66) are also at 137 at the Woo Jeong Hills Country Club.
McIlroy had two birdies on the front nine, and then added two more on the 12th and 14th holes. But bogeys on Nos. 13, 15 and 16 took him back to 1 under for the day until a birdie on 18.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path