Goosen, Els near lead at S. African Open
- By Associated Press
- Nov 24, 2011 11:45 AM ET
The pair led by a stroke from a group of four South Africans on the undulating Jack Nicklaus-designed layout at Serengeti Golf Club.
Defending champion Ernie Els began his defense with a 69. The five-time winner holed six birdies but also made three bogeys.
Simon Dyson of England, the highest ranked player in the field at No. 32, hit a 70.
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'wrong, hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia apologizes for 'fried chicken' remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth