GRANDE, Puerto Rico - Fabian Gomez of Argentina opened with six birdies on the front nine for a 7-under 65 and a share of the lead with Scott Brown going into the final round of the Puerto Rico Open.
Brown, who tied for fifth in the Puerto Rico a year ago, had a 67 to join Gomez in the lead. They set the tournament record at 18-under 198 and are four shots clear of the field.
Gomez and Andres Romero battled for the lead until Romero took triple bogey on the par-4 12th and added three bogeys for a 73 that dropped him five shots behind.
Jordan Spieth made a hole-in-one on the 11th hole and had a 66, putting him in the group at 14-under 202 that included Blayne Barber, Steve LeBrun and Brian Stuard.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path