GRANDE, Puerto Rico - Fabian Gomez of Argentina opened with six birdies on the front nine for a 7-under 65 and a share of the lead with Scott Brown going into the final round of the Puerto Rico Open.
Brown, who tied for fifth in the Puerto Rico a year ago, had a 67 to join Gomez in the lead. They set the tournament record at 18-under 198 and are four shots clear of the field.
Gomez and Andres Romero battled for the lead until Romero took triple bogey on the par-4 12th and added three bogeys for a 73 that dropped him five shots behind.
Jordan Spieth made a hole-in-one on the 11th hole and had a 66, putting him in the group at 14-under 202 that included Blayne Barber, Steve LeBrun and Brian Stuard.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- SCORING: McDowell, Jaidee in Match Play final
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process