It seems crazy that we should take a risk for one tournament, Owens said.
Owen voiced his concern after the opening round of the Dubai Desert Classic. Tiger Woods, Colin Montgomerie and Nick Faldo withdrew from Dubai last week, and Darren Clarke, Faldo and a number of other top European players withdrew from Qatar.
European Tour executive director Ken Schofield said March 6 the Qatar Masters will be played despite some players concerns. He said the tournament will be complete and secure.
Owen said he would compete at Qatar if the tour can guarantee safe transportation between the hotel and golf course.
Scotlands Alastair Forsyth was also reconsidering his plans to play at Qatar.
It is probably not worth any risk involved, he said.