LAKE ORION, Mich. – Nick Price of Zimbabwe has withdrawn from the U.S. Senior Open because of a family emergency.
The U.S. Senior Open starts Thursday at Indianwood. Price, who was named Presidents Cup captain last month, was to be in the same group as U.S. captain Fred Couples and eight-time major champion Tom Watson.
His spot now goes to Douglas Snoap, an amateur from Apopka, Fla., who is playing in his first U.S. Senior Open.
Bruce Fleisher, who won the 2001 U.S. Senior Open, withdrew because of a hand injury. D.A. Weibring withdrew because of an injury to his Achilles tendon.
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | At a glance
- Monty: All frightened to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- F. Molinari leads BMW | McIlroy, McDowell MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots