SANTO DA SERRA, Madeira Islands - Ricardo Santos shot a 9-under 63 Sunday to win the Madeira Islands Open by four strokes, becoming the first Portuguese-born golfer to win on the European Tour in his home country.
Santos set a championship record of 22 under on the Santa da Serra course. Sweden's Magnus Carlsson shot a 67 and was runner-up.
Santos, a former Challenge Tour graduate, earned a one-year tour exemption and an entry spot at the upcoming PGA Championship at Wentworth.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots