Scott increases lead at PGA Assistant Championship
- By Associated Press
- Nov 3, 2012 7:12 PM ET
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. – Jake Scott shot a 5-under 67 on Saturday to increase his lead to four strokes in the PGA Assistant Championship.
The 25-year-old Scott, a PGA apprentice at Elyria Country Club in Ohio, had a 15-under 201 total after three rounds on PGA Golf Club's Wanamaker Course.
First-round leader Ryan Vermeer was second after a 70. The 34-year-old Vermeer is a PGA apprentice at Oak Hills Country Club in Omaha, Neb.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth