DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Christine Song shot an even-par 72 on Saturday on LPGA International’s Legends Course to take a four-stroke lead into the final round of the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament.
The 20-year-old Song, from Fullerton, Calif., had a 10-under 278 total.
“I wasn’t hitting it very well, but fortunately, my chipping and putting were good,” Song said. “We will play the Champions Course tomorrow and I like that course better because it’s more wide open.”
The top 40 and ties will receive LPGA membership, with the top 20 earning full status.
Junthima Gulyanamitta, the 23-year-old former Purdue player from Thailand, was second after a 68 on the Champions Course. Her sister, former LPGA Tour member Russy Gulyanamitta, is caddying for her.
“I just play and I have no idea what’s going on,” Gulyanamitta said. “I’m not trying to beat everybody. I’m just doing what I need to do to get my LPGA card.”
Jennie Lee, from Henderson. Nev., was third at 4 under after a 73 on the Legends Course.
“I had too many bogeys today and I putted poorly,” Lee said. “If you are on the green, you shouldn’t be three-putting, and I had three of them today.”
Seventy-six players made the 72-hole cut at 12-over 300.
Chella Choi shot her second straight 6-under 66 on Saturday to take a one-stroke lead over Jessica Korda and Anna Nordqvist, the Swede who broke the course record with an 11-under 61 in the third roun... Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process