Stefani runs away with Miccosukee Championship
- By Associated Press
- Oct 14, 2012 6:05 PM ET
MIAMI – Shawn Stefani won the Miccosukee Championship on Sunday for his second Web.com Tour victory of the year, closing with a 3-under 68 for a five-stroke victory over Australia's Alistair Presnell.
Stefani finished at 15-under 269 at Miccosukee Golf and Country Club and earned $108,000 to jump from 16th to fourth on the money list with $303,311. The top 25 after the final two events will earn 2013 PGA Tour cards.
The 30-year-old former Lamar player also won the Midwest Classic in August in Overland Park, Kan.
Presnell finished with a 67. He earned $64,800 to go from 39th to 19th on the money list with $187,342.
Stefani opened with rounds of 68, 71 and 62 to take a six-stroke lead into the final day.
Already well in front in the team competition, the USC Trojans are now on the verge of both team and individual NCAA titles entering the final round of competition at the University of Georgia Golf Co... Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots