Stefani runs away with Miccosukee Championship
- By Associated Press
- Oct 14, 2012 6:05 PM ET
MIAMI – Shawn Stefani won the Miccosukee Championship on Sunday for his second Web.com Tour victory of the year, closing with a 3-under 68 for a five-stroke victory over Australia's Alistair Presnell.
Stefani finished at 15-under 269 at Miccosukee Golf and Country Club and earned $108,000 to jump from 16th to fourth on the money list with $303,311. The top 25 after the final two events will earn 2013 PGA Tour cards.
The 30-year-old former Lamar player also won the Midwest Classic in August in Overland Park, Kan.
Presnell finished with a 67. He earned $64,800 to go from 39th to 19th on the money list with $187,342.
Stefani opened with rounds of 68, 71 and 62 to take a six-stroke lead into the final day.
Graeme McDowell made amends for last year's defeat to capture the Volvo World Match Play Championship on Sunday, defeating Thongchai Jaidee 2 and 1 in the final at Thracian Cliffs Golf and Beach Resor... Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play