CARLSBAD, Calif. - Top-ranked Yani Tseng remained in position for her second straight LPGA title and third in five events this year, shooting a bogey-free 3-under 69 on Saturday to take a three-stroke lead into the final round of the Kia Classic.
Tseng missed a 5-foot birdie try on the par-5 17th, then saved par with an 8-foot putt on the par-4 18th to finish at 12-under 204 on La Costa’s Legends Course
The 23-year-old Taiwanese star won the LPGA Founders Cup last week in Phoenix for her 14th LPGA title, and also won the LPGA Thailand in February. She led the tour last season with seven victories - including major victories in the LPGA Championship and Women’s British Open - and finished the year with 12 worldwide titles.
South Korea’s Jiyai Shin was second after a 68.
James Walton’s tee shot at the par-3 17th stopped 4 ½ feet away from the hole on Wednesday to win the annual closet-to-the-pin caddie competition at TPC Sawgrass. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play