Wittenberg wins Wichita Open, second title of the year
- By Associated Press
- Jun 24, 2012 7:45 PM ET
WICHITA, Kan. - Casey Wittenberg won the Wichita Open on Sunday for his second Nationwide Tour victory of the season, closing with a 5-under 66 for a two-stroke victory over Justin Hicks and Jim Herman.
Wittenberg, also the Louisiana Open winner, finished at 18-under 266 at Crestview Country Club. He tied for 10th last week in the U.S. Open.
Wittenberg earned $108,000 to jump from 10th to second on the money list with $240,019. The final top 25 will earn 2013 PGA Tour cards. He also could earn an immediate promotion with a third victory.
Hicks shot a 67, and Herman had a 70.
Casey Wittenberg was eligible to play in the Travelers Championship last week but instead chose to play in the Nationwide Tour event. He made it pay off with a victory which all but assures him of his... Read More
Casey Wittenberg won the Preferred Health Systems Wichita Open on Sunday by two shots to win on the Nationwide Tour for the second time this season. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process