It has been a privilege to join the cast of the Big Break Greenbrier. I feel proud yet lucky to have been selected as one of the 12 contestants out of a pool of 2,400 applicants.
I want to thank everyone at the Golf Channel, especially the more than 100 men and women behind the scenes that make the Big Break possible each season. A big thanks goes out to all of you for making us look good and for waking up way before the birds (and us) every day and not leaving your job until late at night. It was the contestants that had it easy. All we had to do was show up at our assigned times and do what we do best: hit golf shots. So thank you again, to the crew and Golf Channel.
The Greenbrier, located in White Sulphur Springs, took my breath away. Beautiful, amazing, and magical are words that I will always use to describe this magnificent place. Dorothy Draper did an awesome job with the decor and interior design. It definitely is “America's resort” and the Greenbrier will always have a special place in my heart.
Meeting Mr. Jim Justice and Mr. Sam Snead Jr. was the icing on the cake during my time on the show. Both are so gracious and I am grateful to them for spending time with me and my fellow competitors. Every time that I think of the Big Break Greenbrier it will forever put me in that “happy place.”
Sure, I wasn’t thrilled when I woke up the day after my elimination. Of course I thought about the shot in my match against Rick - the pitching wedge flyer out of the rough from 137 yards that went 20 yards over the green. Maybe I should have hit one less club? Maybe I could have choked up on the club? Could have, should have, would have, right? But life goes on.
I will miss the excitement and daily routine of the show, waking up before sunrise, getting “mic’d up”, and anxiously waiting to hit my first shot of the day. I will also miss being confronted with the pressure to perform on the spot, where one bad shot could lead to elimination. It took me a few days to get used to this pressure and the cameras, but once I did, it became fun.
I greatly look forward to the next chapter of my life. My competitive drive fuels my journey to get to the PGA Tour. Now that my Big Break journey has come to an end, another chapter of my life begins and I welcome it with open arms.
Thanks for watching,
Tags: Big Break Greenbrier
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer fires 62, grabs early Colonial lead | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USC on verge of team, individual titles at NCAAs
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times