- Create new possibilities
- Take new steps and break unproductive patterns
This question can be used both positively or negatively. When used negatively the what if? question sounds like this (some may seem very familiar to you)
- What if I cant do this?
- What if I mess this up?
- What if this doesnt work?
- What if I look bad?
- What if I bogey this hole?, what if?, what if? what if?...
and produces result like this:
- Lack of Confidence
- Hesitancy and lack of power and rhythm
Patti is a 12 handicap and is constantly demeaning and judging herself on (and off) the golf course. She approaches her shots with a fear she might mess up and doesnt enjoy her rounds as much as shed like. She uses the power of what if? to create poor results and under performs on the golf course. I asked Patti to use the power of what if? in a more constructive manner than she had been. I asked her to ask herself: What if I hit this shot the way I want to? and What if I really enjoyed myself regardless of the outcome of this shot? These were options she did not have before because she was so focused on the negative what ifs? that she couldnt see other possibilities. By asking her new set of questions she discovered an entirely new viewpoint and created a more fun and relaxed experience for herself. The result; lower scores and rounds of golf that are more fulfilling.
What if you changed the way you used the question?
What if you decided to use it to create more of what you wanted instead of more of what you didnt want? Hmmmm. What if
Try this experiment. Next time you feel any doubt, fear, pressure or tension. Stop and ask yourself one of the following:
- What if I was clear right now? What would I do?
- What if I was confident right now? How would I act?
- What if I hit this golf shot just the way I really want to?
- What if I took a smooth rhythmical swing right now?
- What if I was totally confident right now? What would I look like?
- What if I didnt give in to my habitual tapes playing in my head right now? What would I be thinking then?
- What if I _______________________ (fill in the blank) right now?
NOTE: The low $49.95 price for the Wired to Win Video Training will end in the next few days. Click Here for more.
Brand New Live Workshop! David offers a live one day program for anyone who plays and loves the game. You will learn everything you need to play your best. Click Here for more (scroll down page)