Adams Golf unveils Speedline Tech driver
- By Global Golf Post
- Sep 4, 2012 2:44 PM ET
Adams Golf's technicians say they continue to find ways to improve upon their Speedline driver, most recently with the new Speedline Tech, which boasts enhanced aerodynamic shaping, easy-to-use adjustability, new 3DS face technology and a lightweight multi-material construction. The bottom line, they say, is this version can deliver up to 11 more yards of distance and 54 percent better accuracy.
“We used advanced construction methods and made refinements to driver technologies that we’ve developed over time to make this our most customizable and best performing driver for golfers of all skill levels,” says Tim Reed, vice president of research and development for Adams. “It is easy for the golfer to make adjustments and find their perfect ball flight while achieving even higher swing speeds and more distance though our aerodynamic shaping.”
Company officials say they improved that shaping through the use of improved slopes and curves, so the clubhead cut through the air even faster, for greater clubhead speed and distance. Next, they point to the adjustability elements, which allow the driver to be set to open or closed by up to one degree. Loft can be adjusted plus or minus one degree as well, and the clubhead can be moved two degrees upright, too.
Club makers at Adams add that the 3DS Face Technology provides optimal spin and launch attributes in all three hitting zones, from the high-toe area, then diagonally through the center of the clubface and all the way down to the low-heel area, making it that much more accurate. And longer, too.
Finally, the Speedline Tech, which comes with an Ozik RUL 54 shaft, utilizes a carbon-fiber wing that is attached to a titanium chassis in an effort to bolster aerodynamics even further, while providing solid sound off shots and promoting ideal launch conditions.
This article provided by Global Golf Post. To get more information on a weekly digital subscription, click here.
Global Golf Post is the first weekly golf publication designed specifically for digital.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots