Cobra Introduces new Baffler Rail Hybrid
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Apr 12, 2010 5:56 PM ET
The new Cobra Baffler Rail is a sleek-looking hybrid club that is loaded with technology. Its 17-4 steel clubhead features a thin, high strength 465 maraging steel face that is designed to increase ball speed, and combined with stronger lofts, will bolster distance. The new four-way rail sole is designed to help the club move through turf effortlessly - regardless of the lie. It also comes standard with a lightweight 65-gram Fujikura Motore shaft that is designed to help increase clubhead speed. The Baffler Rail Hybrid is ideal for all players seeking the ultimate in long-game performance.
Innovative Rail Sole
* A four-way rail sole reduces the area of the club that comes in contact with the turf. The result is improved turf interaction, increased versatility and maximum forgiveness.
9 Point Face Technology
* 9 Point Face Technology creates an expanded sweet zone that promotes higher and more consistent ball speed across the clubface, for increased distance and improved forgiveness.
High-Strength Steel Face
* A thin, lightweight maraging steel clubface also promotes faster ball speed and allows for 10 percent of the weight to be strategically repositioned low and back, for improved launch characteristics.
The Cobra Baffler Rail Hybrid ($175) is available in 2/H, 3/H, 4/H, 5/H and 6/H models (nomenclature refers to iron models that Baffler Rail Hybrid replaces). It is available with a Fujikura Motore graphite shaft (Lite, R or S flex) and a Lamkin grip. A women's model is available in 3/H, 4/H, 5/H, 6/H and 7/H. The Baffler Rail Hybrid is shipping to golf retailers now.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots