Funk, one of the most accurate drivers in PGA Tour history, hit 84 percent of his fairways at the U.S. Senior Open with his TaylorMade Burner 09 driver (9.5 degrees). Funk also played TaylorMade Rescue hybrids (16 and 19 degrees), Tour Preferred irons (4-PW) and rac TP wedges (54 and 58 degrees).
Some other notable what’s in the bag information from this weekend: Tiger’s win at the Buick Open was the fifth by a Nike Golf player on the PGA Tour since June 21, a streak which includes two major titles (Lucas Glover at the U.S. Open; Stewart Cink at the Open Championship); Catriona Mathew played the new 2009 ProV1x ball for the first time in competition in capturing the Ricoh Women’s British Open for her first major championship; and Greg Chalmers played a new set of yet-to-be released Titleist CB irons in tying for second (at 17 under) behind Woods in the Buick Open.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Senior PGA Championship
- SCORING: Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA Bahamas
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd for using putting aid | Clark in mix
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots