Graeme McDowell, the 2010 U.S. Open champion, has joined Srixon as a member of their PGA Tour staff. Also a six-time winner on the European Tour, McDowell will play Srixon irons, Cleveland wedges and Srixon balls. He will also wear a Srixon hat and glove and carry a Srixon bag.
“We are extremely pleased to have Graeme as a member of our PGA Tour staff,” said Greg Hopkins, CEO of Cleveland Golf/Srixon. “Having a world class player such as G-Mac choose to make the switch to Srixon, especially following such a successful 2010 season, not only says a lot about the faith he has in our products but also reflects as to the type of competitor and representative he’ll be for our brands.”
McDowell enters 2011 after a dream season that netted him the 2010 Player of the Year award by the Golf Writers Association of America and joint 2010 Player of the Year award on the European Tour.
“I am really excited about my decision to sign with Srixon,” said McDowell. “There is a great energy amongst the team at Srixon regarding my signing with them and I am looking forward to feeding off this energy going into 2011.”
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management