One of the classic names in golf is making a comeback. Golfers around the world remember MacGregor Golf as the brand of choice for PGA Tour pros from the early 1940s through the early 1990s. The brand was everywhere, from winning golf's major championships to being featured in such popular golf movies as Caddyshack and others. Beginning today MacGregor Golf is back.
MacGregor Golf is introducing a new, revamped lineup of golf equipment that builds upon the brand's rich history and reputation of helping golfers play better. MacGregor's new product line includes drivers, irons, wedges, putters and accessories for both avid and recreational golfers.
'We are leveraging 113 years of history and 59 major tournament wins to re-introduce golfers to the MacGregor brand,' said Marty Hanaka, president and CEO of Golfsmith. 'Acquiring the MacGregor Golf brand was an easy decision because it's a brand that resonates with golfers and has a rich history and worldwide notoriety. We're proud to bring MacGregor Golf back to life with an exciting new lineup of products.'
Golfsmith International Holdings, Inc. acquired full intellectual property rights to the MacGregor Golf brand last May to solidify Golfsmith's proprietary brand and product strategy. MacGregor will stand alongside all major golf brands within Golfsmith's overall merchandising mix.
'We've taken the best design characteristics from MacGregor's history and combined them with today's cutting-edge golf club technologies to create a new line that that exceeds golfers expectations in performance and visual appeal,' said David Lowe, vice president of product development and international business for Golfsmith. 'Golfers that remember MacGregor and those that have yet to experience the brand will absolutely love these new clubs.'
The MacGregor product lineup includes:
• Drivers - the M85T Driver ($299.99) which is a titanium driver with Cup Face 360 and Face Fit technologies, and the titanium game improvement M75T Driver ($199.99).
• Irons - the classic muscle cavity VIP forged irons ($799.99) and the game improvement classic wing back designed M85i Irons ($699.99)
• Putters - ROTA series milled putters available in three classic shapes ($129.99)
• Full lineup of MacGregor Golf fairways, hybrids and wedges
• Accessories including MacGregor branded golf bags, golf balls, towels, hats, umbrellas and more.