Nike to release Method Core family of putters
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 20, 2011 8:54 PM ET
Nike Golf has introduced the newest member to the Nike Method putter family, the Nike Method Core. Available on March 3, the Nike Method Core putter features a unique polymer-aluminum insert, featuring an aluminum insert face with a polymer back that goes all the way through the small milled grooves.
The polymer-aluminum insert lessens impact vibrations, provides a pure sound and grabs the ball at impact, resulting in a smooth, more controlled forward roll at impact. This helps eliminate backspin which causes skidding and mis-direction. This distinctive red insert decreases backspin, which was expressed by Nike Golf athletes as an important ingredient to their putting accuracy, distance control and ultimate putting success. The less backspin, the more true the putt will roll.
“It used to take upwards of 4 degrees of loft to achieve this kind of launch angle, but 4 degrees of loft creates skid, which causes the ball to be unstable and inconsistent in speed, said David Franklin, Nike Golf’s club designer. “By introducing Polymetal Groove Technology, we've found a way to create the desired launch angle with the stability and speed control of a skid free roll.”
The new Nike Method Core putter (MSRP $155.99 and MAP $129.99) will be available in five models, three of which are blades, one mid-mallet and one mallet.
As he gets set to make his first U.S. start of 2013, world No. 1 Rory McIlroy appeared in a new ad for equipment manufacturer Nike. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia sorry, apologizes to Woods | Scores
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management