As the options for customization proliferate further through the bag, Odyssey Golf has introduced a two-faced putter.
The Flip Face went on sale last Friday, featuring a pair of inserts which can be changed with a provided screwdriver. The player can putt with the new Metal-X or White Ice insert by flipping the face over 180 degrees.
The company says the Metal-X insert combines a light aluminum face with a urethane backing to provide softer feel and get the ball rolling with topspin faster. A mainstay of Odyssey putters for years, the White Ice insert is designed to help with distance control.
By providing players with an option to use either insert during a round, they can adjust the putter to suit course and weather conditions. Once a round begins, however, a player cannot legally change the face of the putter.
Three different models will be sold with the Flip Face feature, though no belly or long putter option is available at this time. The putters will retail for $349.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots