Tiger Woods applauds new groove rules
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jul 1, 2009 6:51 PM ET
"I think it'll be an advantage to the guys who play a spin golf ball already," said Woods. "Guys who play a harder ball are going to have to make a bigger adjustment to the grooves."
Woods also commented that most of the guys on Tour already play with the conforming V-shaped grooves in their irons. It's the sand wedges, he says, that have the non-conforming U grooves.
"We've known for over a couple years now what this decision was going to be, and when it was going to come down, and we've had plenty of time to make our adjustments," said Woods. "All the companies have been testing and getting ready for this, and the guys will make the changes."
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Sr. PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No three-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots