Fantasy Update: Glover Withdraws from Sony Open
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 11, 2012 3:02 PM ET
Still bothered by a knee injury suffered last week, Lucas Glover has withdrawn from this week's Sony Open. The 2009 U.S. Open champion injured his right knee paddle-boarding while in Maui for the Hyundai TOC and was unable to play at Kapalua last week as a result. Glover had hoped that the flat terrain of Waialae CC would allow him to compete, but he pulled out of the event after hitting balls on the range Wednesday morning. Glover plans to return home and rest the injury further, hoping now to make his 2012 PGA Tour debut at the Farmers Insurance Open in two weeks.
The window to finalize your Fantasy Challenge picks for this week's Sony Open will close at 3:00a ET Thursday, so make sure your lineup does not include Glover as your Group 2 player prior to the deadline!
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae